CLEARVIEW CAPITAL® - Guiding Principles
- Make concentrated investments in a select group of promising businesses – We commit our time and capital only to situations where we believe our expertise is well-suited to making a good company a great one.
- Always invest in partnership with management – We believe in a true partnership where success is earned in collaboration with our management teams. Unlike many investment firms we never invest in securities that have a preference over management’s direct investment.
- Commit personal capital alongside that of our management partners and limited partners – We believe strongly that success is preceded by commitment, so we seek dedicated management teams with whom we can be “all-in”.
- “Do what we say we will do” – We take pride in having built a reputation for honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Maintain a relentless focus on growth to maximize value for all investors – We strongly favor profitable revenue growth, both organic and via acquisition, over cost cutting initiatives.
- Ensure operational autonomy for management – We seek to add value to our portfolio companies by providing financial resources, board level guidance and operational support while leaving day-to-day management where it belongs, with the operating management team.